The well-being of your child is at the heart of Kearsley Academy. We have numerous procedures in place to ensure the safeguarding of your child whilst in our care.
To make sure that every student is safe within the Academy, all Academy staff must adhere to the Safeguarding policy. A copy of this policy can be viewed here.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Every student must sign the acceptable use policy in order to use Academy ICT facilities for their studies. You can download a copy of the acceptable use policy from our policies page here.
Kearsley Academy welcomes visitors to the Academy, and expects all visitors to comply with the school policies and procedures, in particular DBS (formerly CRB) checks, Child Protection and Health and Safety requirements.
Kearsley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. It is our aim to ensure the safety of all students, staff and other adults and young people who may be on the premises.
STANDARD PROCEDURES FOR ALL VISITORS
- Staff should inform the main school office of any visitors due into school, prior to the visit, in order for any pre-visit checks to be undertaken and confirmed.
- The standard procedure is for all visitors to enter by the main entrance and not through any other entrances. All visitors are signposted to the Main Reception.
- On arrival at Reception visitors will be asked for photographic and/or other identification.
- Once DBS (formerly CRB) clearance has been confirmed, then a visitors badge will be issued and the visitor can be left unaccompanied in school.
- If DBS (formerly CRB) clearance is not confirmed or is not required e.g. parent of a student at Kearsley Academy, then the visitor will not be left alone in the Academy and the responsibility of this lies with the member of staff who has arranged the visit.
All visitors to school must display the visitors badge clearly at all times
- Visitors who have a Green Badge have appropriate DBS (formerly CRB) and identification checks.
- Visitors who have a Red Badge must be accompanied by a member of staff at all times whilst on the Academy premises. Staff are asked to escort any visitor back to the main reception with this form of badge if unaccompanied by another member of staff. Staff should also report any potentially unauthorised visitors to the Principal's PA.
- Visitors who have a Blue badge will be Supply Teachers, School Governors, Invigilators who will have appropriate DBS (formerly CRB) and identification checks.
At no time will visitors be left with students unless the Academy has confirmed that they have complied with DBS (formerly CRB) procedures (with the exception of a parent with their own child providing no other student is present).